Weekly Whimsy

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

~Stanley Horowitz {courtesy of the Quote Garden}



Saturday, June 5, 2010

My New Shoes

I love my new shoes.  They were a birthday present from my sweet mother. Or were they a gift for helping my sister with her election video?  I don't recall, but I love them either way.


Ode to New Shoes


I love you new shoes
I feel so brand-new
So sunny, not blue
When I choose to wear you
New shoes new shoes.


Doesn't it feel nice to treat yourself well?  I think Heavenly Father intended us to feel good about ourselves.  And to feel good means to dress yourself in a way in which you love yourself.  It doesn't necessarily mean we have to own every new fangled and fancy style or article of clothing.  Nor does our apparel need to be expensive...in fact, I seem to love things more when they're a bargain.  But to own a few lovely things makes a big difference.  I think it lets our true selves shine through a little more...


perhaps I'm rambling....


but...perhaps not....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails