Weekly Whimsy

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

~Stanley Horowitz {courtesy of the Quote Garden}



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Update on Lilacs


A little while ago I did a post on the lilacs I saw outside my window.

Well, here is my update.

My lilacs are still blooming.  More blossoms appear every day, causing me to reflect upon how my life has seemed to blossom more and more the last few days and weeks.  Isn't it interesting how our life goes through seasons.  First we plant some seeds of hope.  Then the waiting game begins.  Finally after rain and much trial, we see little sprouts and then blossoms.  And then we have a bush of full-fledged flowers and we wonder how we could ever be happier.  Then the blossoms begin to wilt, then dry and fly away on the wind.  Fall brings this.  Then winter brings dry branches and the cold gray slate of snow.  But springtime is just around the corner...never forget.

I guess our lives are just one cycle of changing seasons and changing trials...

It keeps us thankful...for those few weeks of fragrant summer...both in the past and in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails