Weekly Whimsy

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

~Stanley Horowitz {courtesy of the Quote Garden}



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{brown m&m's}

Dear April 20th,

Tonight I dipped my hand into my little red bag of peanut butter m&m's and pulled out a plethora of brown ones.  There were a few other colors mixed in, but what are the odds?  Doesn't it seem like there are just some days like this?  Today was one for me.  Brown m&m's.  A wasted trip to the store.  A wasted trip to grandparents (no one was home).  A windy, blustery day.  Only 10 minutes at the park.  Ornery boys.  Tired me.  Brown m&m's.
But at the same time, there is somewhat of a beauty about these dark little things.  Think chocolaty-richness.  Think dark, brown eyes.  Think muddy mud pies.  And brownies.  And german chocolate cake.  Fuzzy teddy bears.  Hot cocoa.  Maybe you can add some of your own.  Brown isn't always bad.  There's a certain sweetness in the drab.  If we look hard enough.

I guess I can love you April 20th...my beautiful, brown day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails