Weekly Whimsy

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

~Stanley Horowitz {courtesy of the Quote Garden}



Saturday, April 3, 2010

Remember When?

It seems like only yesterday when I held my babies' feet in my palm.  And still it seems forever ago at the same time.  Remember when?  Remember the awe?  The unconditional love? The sheer joy of cradling your little one's precious spirit in your arms?  I do.  At least hazily.  When was the last time you held your little one close and kissed their feet?  Children never get too old to be touched. to be cuddled. to be snuggled and loved.  Even as adults we yearn to be held close.  I remember the days of sickness growing up.  My mother was always by my side with chicken noodle soup and a cool wash cloth.  But what I remember most is her touch.  The touch of her hand as she checks my fever.  The feel of her fingers stroking my hair.  We need to be caressed.  

And if you search your heart, you'll realize that even and most importantly, our Father in Heaven reaches out and touches us.  At times it's through the touch of another.  But far more often, it comes as an enveloping blanket when sorrow strikes your soul.  It's a peaceful warmth flooding your heart.  It's a soft caress beginning at the tip top of your head and traveling down to your toes.  It's a tingling of witness when you hear something that strengthens your testimony.

Reach out to Him.  Let Him touch your heart.  Reach out to your little ones.  They need your caress.

Perhaps this life is to learn how to reach.  How to touch.  And be touched.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails